- This event has passed.
Advanced Marine Navigation (Advanced Piloting) – Class Start
March 15, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$120 – $180
Advanced Marine Navigation (Advanced Piloting): Marine Navigation and Advanced Marine Navigation give you the skills you need to get where you’re going using charts and marine electronics as well as a knowledge of winds, currents and tides.
Zoom sessions on Tuesday Nights starting on March 15th finished before Memorial Day weekend.
- Advanced positioning techniques, such as advancing a line of position to obtain a running fix
- Use a variety of electronic tools: radar, depth sounders, autopilots, chart plotters, laptop computer software, and more
- Hazard avoidance techniques using electronics (e.g., avoidance waypoints or safety zones in GPS)
- Collision avoidance using radar, GPS, and AIS
- Working with tide and current data to determine clearances, depth of water and effects of current
- Piloting in various wind and current conditions
- The Seaman’s Eye simple skills for checking that one is on course
- Members: $120
- Public: $180